Wanna join the military? the Kenya defense forces (KDF) has announced its recruitment drive for 2021. Through an advertisement, KDF notified the public that the recruitment for General service officer (GSO) cadets; Specialist officers, general duty recruits, tradesmen/women, and defense constables will be carried out in 2021.
The General conditions of all applicants are as follows:
(1) Be a Kenyan citizen with no dual citizenship.
(2) Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card (ID). Additionally,
four (4) copies of the National Identity Card and PIN Certificate will be required.
(3) Age – Between 18 and 26 years old for GSO Cadets, General Duty Recruits
and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test, not above 30
years for Specialist Officers, Tradesmen/women with Diploma, and not above
39 years for Chaplains/Imaams.
(4) Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
(5) Have no criminal record.
(6) Minimum Height:
(a) Men 1.60m (5ft 3in).
(b) Women 1.52m (5ft).
(7) Minimum Weight:
(a) Men54.55 Kg (120 lb).
(b) Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
(8) Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and
during the entire duration of training.
(9) Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women should have a minimum of two (2)
years of practicing experience in their field of specialization from the date of
registration with the relevant regulatory/statutory body in Kenya.
Other specific requirements are based on the position interested in. More specific details about the recruitment and the dates of the recruitments can be accessed via the link http://ka.mod.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/scan.pdf